Its take-off time for new online insurer for drones – DRONEGUARD
D2 Associates Ltd in partnership with Starr International (Europe) Limited (SIEL) (Standard & Poors A+) (Strong rating) are delighted to launch Droneguard the specialist online insurer for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
Flexible quotes can be obtained on the website and over the phone covering Liability, Hull and Equipment. Droneguard’s in house quote system provides flexibility and first page quoting meaning you can quickly obtain a quote specific to your drone insurance requirements – cover is wide and includes:
- Total Loss
- Partial Loss
- Reasonable Expenses for Wreck Removal
- Reasonable Trespassers Costs
- Loss or Damage to Drone Spares & Equipment
- Loss or Damage to The Payload
- Reconstitution of Data
Of course not only do you need to cover for your drone and equipment but also for Public & Aviation Liability to meet the minimum drone insurance requirements by law. The following levels of cover are available:
- Public Liability, choose from either £1m, £2m, £5m or £10m
- Extend to cover worldwide use (excluding certain countries)
What we CAN INSURE
Finding out which type of insurance you need can be a bit of a “drone minefield”. Hopefully we can help you get the correct cover, at the right price and ensuring that you are compliant with EU regulations.
We can insure any type of drone:
- Fixed-Wing – they can’t hover but if the motors fail they can glide back down to earth and are great for forward flight
- Rotary-Wing – an unmanned mini version of a helicopter – great for taking off and landing in small areas but a lot more difficult to fly and require more maintenance. Single rotor or twin rotors apply here.
- Multi-rotor including Tricopter (3 rotors), Quadcopter (4 rotors), Hexacopter (6 rotors) and Octocoptor (8 rotors). These are the most popular type of drone we insure. This can include co-axial set ups.
- Hybrid UAV’s combine a mixture of fixed wing and vertical lift propellers giving you the flexibility of Vertical Take Off and Landing (VTOL) combined with the efficiency of fixed wing forward flight
Our online quote is perfect for multi rotor UAVs up to 20kg in weight, however if you have heavy drones with a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) over 20kgs or a large fleet please call us.
- We can cover any type of drone large or small.
- We can cover for up to multiple operators.
- We can also offer larger discounts for multiple drones.
Call us on 0207 112 8140 we are here to help.
Our quotes are not only competitive but our policies are also compliant with EU Regulation (EC) 785/2004.
All commercial drone operators need to apply for permission to fly from the Civil Aviation Authority. It can take up to 28 days to obtain your licence and you will need to be at least 18 years of age.
Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO) is valid for up to 12 months and is subject to an annual renewal. You should apply to renew your PfCO at least 30 days before the Permission period is due to renew.
If you start to use a different weight class of drone that is not approved by your PfCO you will need to contact the CAA immediately and not wait until the PfCO expires.
More about the insurer
The policy is underwritten by Starr International (Europe) Limited (SIEL).
Starr International (Europe) Limited (SIEL) a member of Starr Companies is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority.
Starr Companies is recognised as a major market leader across all classes of General Aviation.
Starr Companies underwrites a wide variety of property, casualty and specialty lines including accident and health, aviation, construction, crisis management, energy, environmental, marine, and primary and excess casualty insurance. Starr Companies also provides a broad spectrum of insurance-related services, including claims handling and settlement, reinsurance, risk assessment, loss control and worldwide travel assistance services.