What type of drone business insurance do I need?


This is specific to each individual business and the type of risks you face.

When operating a drone you will be required to have at least public liability insurance at a minimum.  This is also subject to meeting a minimum limit also.

Another legal insurance requirement is Employer’s Liability insurance if you employ staff.  This will protect you if any of your staff were to sue you against illness or injury.

Depending on your profession it may also be a requirement to have professional indemnity insurance.  Industries like surveyors and architects are required to have certain limits of indemnity and it is always  recommend to make you insurer aware that UAVs are being used to collect data.

Even if you are not required to have professional indemnity, it may be a good idea to look into it if you provide advice as it can protect you against negligence claims.

Some covers are not a legal requirement but they are still worth having.  Take a look at our hull insurance which can protect you against any damages – a must if you are carrying expensive payloads.

We also offer a host of other different covers to help protect you no matter what industry you work in.  Give us a call to find out more.

Not answered your question? Ask yours here

If you found this helpful give us a thumbs up below!